Social Work Volunteer
Children in Families (CIF) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization which was founded in 2006 to support children to receive family-based-care in the community. The main goal of CIF is to place vulnerable children in loving families in order to enable them to become healthy, positive adult members of their families and communities. Currently CIF has six main projects: Families of Origin as First Priority, Foster Care, ABLE (working with children with disabilities), OSCaR (Case Management System) and HEAL
The Foster Care (FC) program empowers Cambodian families to provide short and long-term care in their local communities for one or two non-related children who have been abandoned, orphaned, trafficked, abused, or institutionalized.
The FC Program is seeking a qualified Cambodian National for the position of Social Work Volunteer to help implement the project activities of direct social work practice with children and families.
- Cooperate with local authorities for case processing and use the government forms
- Assist project manager to recruit potential family for child(ren) placement
- Complete child assessment with the Child Status Index (CSI) tool, using CIF’s case management software, and regularly update relevant information on case.
- Provide lay counseling and education to children and families
- Provide case management, resources mapping, and managing case files either soft or hard-copy to ensure the relevant documents are existed in place
- Maintain a good work environment by supporting and encouraging other staff
- Work closely with team on database management, collecting monthly receipt, and occasionally help family for child(ren) treatment
- Follow child protection policy and its procedures
- Assist with administrative tasks across the whole program
- Assist with other tasks as required
- At least grade 12 graduation
- Experience in working with children and families;
- Strong passion for field work with poor families and children;
- Proficiency with Microsoft skill (word and excel), email and internet;
- Influent oral and written communication skills in Khmer;
- Ability using English is plus.
Clarification: Children in Families is a Christian Organization, but we do not discriminate based on religion. All candidates willing to work and learn are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for submission of the application is 13th December, 2019 at 5:00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to do attend a writing test and interview.
Full Time - Khmer National