Children in Families (CIF) is a non-profit and non-government organization which was founded in 2006 to support children to receive family-based-care in the community. The main goal of CIF is to place vulnerable children in loving families in order to enable them to become healthy, positive adult members of their communities. Currently CIF has eight projects working toward this goal: Emergency Care, Kinship Care, Foster Care, ABLE (working with children with disabilities), OSCaR (Case Management System), the Outreach Program (orphanage reintegration) and the Rok Kern advocacy project.
Rok Kern exists to help foreign students and church members have an increased understanding of the importance of respect and no-harm approaches in development, missions, and in short-term visits. We create curriculum resources, run training on the topic of ethical engagement in volunteering and short-term trips and host teams that come to Cambodia. We aim to teach them about good development through the lens of family-based care and the harm being caused by placing children in orphanages.
The Rok Kern development Officer has the following responsibilities:
- Planning and booking itinerary, budget, and education pathways for study tours coming to Cambodia
- Host and educate the teams coming to Cambodia
- Conduct trainings to foreign expats, tourists, visitors and donors on Ethical volunteering, the harms of orphanages, and the benefits of family based care
- Consult on the development curriculum resources being developed for teams
- Regularly network with, and maintain relationships with, like-minded organisations speaking about issues of Family based care, voluntourism, and ethics in development, internationally and locally
- Market and promote the workshops, curriculum, tours and other events.
- Some travel and overnight stays when hosting groups will be required.
Additionally, All CIF staff are required to:
- advocate for family-based care as the first priority for the raising of children.
- follow child protection policy and procedures
- maintain confidentiality about the children and families in our care.
- be highly-motivated and trustworthy, and work unsupervised to meet deadlines..
- Be team members who maintain a good work environment by supporting and encouraging other staff
- Keep up to date with all administration requirements
- regularly attend staff training and meetings.
- Produce regular reports as required
- A degree, or working towards a degree in development, tourism or a related field
- Proficiency with word and excel, email and general computer use
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Khmer
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- 1 year experience with advocacy or community education projects
- Experience working with foreign teams
- Good knowledge of the issues surrounding orphanages and family based care
Clarification: Children in Families is a Christian Organization, but we do not discriminate based on religion. All candidates willing to uphold the values of the organisation are encouraged to apply.
We Do Not accept CVs or Cover Letters! Please complete our application form and send it to the HR team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone#: +855 031 4323 223
The closing date for submission of the application is Wednesday 27th March 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to do attend a writing test and interview and give a small presentation.