Children in Families (CIF) organization is a non-profit and non-government organization which was founded in 2006 to support children to receive family-based-care in the community. The main goal of CIF is to place vulnerable children in loving families in order to enable them to become healthy, positive adult members of their families and communities. Currently, CIF has six projects, Emergency Care, Family of ORigin as 1st Priority (FOR-1), Foster Care, ABLE (working with children with disabilities), the Case Management System, and HEAL Project.
The FOR-1 project supports biological parents or extended family members to care for children in a long-term placement in their homes. The FOR-1 Project is seeking 1 qualified Cambodian National for the position of Social Worker to implement the project activities of direct social work practice to work with children and families.
The Social Worker will help to implement the project activities through providing direct social work support to children and families.
Place: To work to manages cases in several districts Preyveng province such as Kompong Trabaek, Mesang, Ba Phnum and Preah Sdach.
- Conduct assessment and initial intakes for new clients using internal and government forms
- Work closely with the local authorities and other stakeholders in the process of family and child assessment
- Enter and update proper information in the case management system (OSCaR)
- Maintain and update proper case filing
- Record client’s information, complete Child Status Index (CSI) and write case notes
- Strengthen collaboration and partnership with local authorities, NGOs and other stakeholders to seek more resource to support children and families
- Support clients to develop care plans and review regularly
- Conduct monthly visits to clients
- Provide training to families and children
- Produce activity reports and case studies
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor
- Commit to CIF’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Comply with child protection policy and strong commitment to protect children
- BA in Social Work, Psychology, Child Development or a related field is preferred
- Have social work experience with children and families
- Strong passion for preserving children with families
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel, email and internet)
- Strong oral and written communication in Khmer
- Ability to speak and write in English is a plus.
- Be willing to travel
- Good communication skills
- Be flexible and willing to work under minimum supervision
- Commitment to continual learning and self-development
Criminal Record Check: CIF is a Child Safe Organization; the successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to CIF’s child protection policy and submit a Criminal Record.
Clarification: Children in Families is a Christian Organization, but we do not discriminate based on religion. All candidates willing to work and learn are encouraged to apply.
We Do NOT accept CVs or Cover Letters!
Please complete our application form and email to:
Ms. Pich Rothmony
Phone: 031 4323 223
The closing date for submission of the application is December 15, 2019.