Children in Families (CIF) is a local Christian, non-governmental organization which was founded in 2006 to support children to receive family-based-care in the community. The main goal of CIF is to place vulnerable children in loving families in order to enable them to become healthy, positive adult members of their families and communities.
The Program Manager will oversee the growth and development of the FBC program. This position will mainly work to develop the project managers/team, systems, and trainings necessary to ensure high quality care and scalable growth. S/he will also be responsible for future program development as CIF continues to grow. The person will play a key role in representing our family-based care projects among relevant Cambodian government agencies, public sector institutions, civil society partners, donors, and the media.
1. Program and Budget Management
- Lead the program implementation, budget planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Provide technical support both programmatic, budget requirement and other principles through coaching and mentoring during project implementation to all staff under his/her supervision
- Responsible for good quality project deliverable including donor reporting and ensure that the program implementation is in compliance with CIF program goals, donor requirements, organizational policies and procedure
- Mainstream child protection and child participation in project cycle management
- Oversee the Maintenance of the CIF database of cases, training, and staff.
2. Program learning and development
- Explore potential areas for new program development
- Engage in proposal development/fund-raising efforts.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation of projects and training
3. Staff supervision and team building
- Manage staff recruitment process and make sure essential duties are covered
- Assess staff capacity, needs and take action for improvement
- Manage staff performance including objective setting, reviewing and evaluating
- Build a strong team-work, encourage ownership/independence among staff
- Manage and support the project managers in goal setting, staff reviews, administrative support, and program quality oversight.
4. Institutional Representation
- Act as a representative of CIF within the relevant networks
- Build good collaboration with relevant stakeholders including donors
- Provide support and assistance to General Manager as required
- Passion for caring for orphans and vulnerable children to be kept in family setting
- Commit to CIF’s Vision, Mission and Values
- University degree (master’s degree preferred) in Development, Social Work, or equivalent
- At least 5 years working experience at the senior managerial position in development/NGOs preferably in child protection sector
- Strong experience in program and grants management for multiple-donors and multiple-projects in an NGO setting
- Skills and knowledge in setting priorities, leadership, program management and team building
- Good command of English and Khmer both written and spoken
- Strong multi-tasking and commitment to deadlines
- Good teamwork and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Effective training and facilitation skills
- Skills in conflict resolution and communicating difficult issues
- Ability to work effectively with partners including local and national government ministries, bilateral agencies and international NGOs to develop collaborative efforts.
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Commitment to continual learning and self-development
Clarification: Children in Families is a Christian Organization, but we do not discriminate based on religion. All candidates willing to uphold the values of the organisation are encouraged to apply.
We Do NOT accept CVs or Cover Letters!
Please complete our application form and email to:
Ms. Orng Muylen
Phone: 031 4323 223
The closing date for submission of the application is Monday 17th June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to do attend a writing test and interview and give a small presentation.