Children in Families (CIF) is a non-profit and non-government organization which was founded in 2006 to support children to receive family-based-care in the community. The main goal of CIF is to place vulnerable children in loving families in order to enable them to become healthy, positive adult members of their communities. Currently CIF has eight projects working toward this goal: Emergency Care, Kinship Care, Foster Care, ABLE (working with children with disabilities), OSCaR (Case Management System), the Outreach Program and the Rok Kern advocacy project.
Our communications team supports all of our projects by creating engaging media to help our donors understand our work, helping attract new support for the work of CIF, and advocating for the importance of family-based care both in Cambodia and globally. The Communications team is seeking a qualified Cambodian National for the position of Communications Officer to create good quality media content in both Khmer and English and to work with the communications team to help build awareness of the work of Children in Families.
- To create dual-language English and Khmer promotional materials using different types of social media and traditional media.
- To follow CIF’s policies/procedures regarding ethical communications and aims for our content and to work with our staff to ensure these standards are met.
- To assist program-staff with donor-related communication needs such as narrative reporting
- To run a maximum of two crowd-funding campaigns in Khmer for a Cambodian context per year.
- To present about the work of CIF with interested visitor groups
- To assist translation for foreign communication volunteers with clients and staff when necessary.
- Has least 6 months – 1 year experience communications and/or marketing
- Bachelor degree - English or Communications
- A highly-motivated, trustworthy individual who can work unsupervised to meet deadlines.
- A team player who enjoys learning new things and is teachable.
- Approachable and has good interpersonal communication skills.
- Khmer as first language and an excellent understanding of spoken and written English
- Enjoys public speaking and able to translate and present between Khmer and English.
- Typing skills in Khmer Limon, Khmer Unicode or the equivalent.
- Able to use internet, email, google drive and other basic computer skills.
- Social media savvy—a good knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other popular social media platforms an advantage.
- Ability to use design products an advantage.
- Interest and skills in photography an advantage.
Clarification: Children in Families is a Christian Organization, but we do not discriminate based on religion. All candidates willing to work and learn are encouraged to apply.
People who are interested in this job are asked to provide a portfolio of their work.
The portfolio could contain any one or more of the following:
*A 500 word story, article, blog post, report or essay about a subject of your choice in Khmer
*A 500 word story, article, blog post, report or essay about a subject of your choice in English
*3-5 social media posts that you have done in a previous role
*3-5 portrait photos you have taken
*Any other communications work you are proud of and would like to show us.
Please create your portfolio in a google drive and send a link to it in the personal statement section of your application form.
Criminal Record Check: CIF is a Child Safe Organization; successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to CIF’s child protection policy and submit a Criminal Record check.
We Do Not accept CVs or Cover Letters!
The closing date for submission of the application is January 8, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited to attend a writing test and interview.
Beginning of employment
January 18, 2021
Duration of employment
We are sorry but this job expired on 2021-01-08