Children in Families (CIF) is a non-profit and non-government organization which was founded in 2006 to support children to receive family-based-care in the community. The main goal of CIF is to place vulnerable children in loving families to enable them to become healthy, positive adult members of their families and communities.
The Church Partnership Officer is responsible for mobilizing networks and collaboration among churches in Cambodia to promote and expand family based care models and the capacity of CIF within their communities. He/she will liaison with other program teams and stakeholders to ensure that CIF’s work and models are best promoted within the church's ministry.
Church strengthening of CIF care models
- Establish church networks to promote family based care within church ministry and communities
- Set up meetings with pastors/church leaders to provide orientation on CIF care models
- Equip churches with child and family related training.
- Develop channels for foster care family recruiting through churches.
- Work with churches and communities to advocate for keeping children with families.
- Conduct awareness-raising events with churches and local authorities.
- Work with reintegration team to provide technical support to churches that run residential care and are committed to transitioning into family based care.
Liaison with relevant stakeholders
- Liaison with other CIF program teams on training and development of promotional materials and program framework.
- Provide ongoing support to churches and promote more collaboration within the communities.
- Document best practices to inform future program design.
- Actively take part in improving processes, systems, and strategies within CIF.
- Host donor/partner visits and engage more sharing/learning.
Documentation and Reporting
- Produce regular reports as required.
- Work with supervisor and other program teams to develop training materials
- Manage CIF database ensuring all church information, including mapping, is up to date.
- Create church profiles and update contact list on a regular basis.
- Monitor the project progress and adjust plan when necessary.
- Perform other tasks required to help deliver the goals set in the overall strategy and annual plan of CIF.
- Commit to CIF’s Vision, Mission, Values and Policies
- Degree in Christian Ministry is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in church holistic development/church ministries.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office, Internet and Email.
- Good English and Khmer skills, both written and spoken required.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team
- Have training skills
- Be flexible and willing to work under minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, honest, reliable, and hardworking
- Ability to work in an efficient and effective manner
- Good teamwork and open to learning
Criminal Record Check:
Children In Families (CIF) is a Child Safe Organization; successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to CIF’s child protection policy and submit a Criminal Record check.
Clarification: Children in Families is a Christian Organization, but we do not discriminate based on religion. All candidates willing to work and learn are encouraged to apply.
The closing date for submission of the application is March 7, 2019 at 5:00PM.
We are sorry but this job expired on 2019-03-07