Children in Families (CIF) is a local Christian, non-governmental organization which was founded in 2006 to support children to receive family-based-care in the community. The main goal of CIF is to place vulnerable children in loving families in order to enable them to become healthy, positive adult members of their families and communities. We are currently implementing three main programs: Family Based Care, OSCaR and HEAL.
RCI Transition Officer (HEAL program)
The RCI Transition Officer (RTO) will work closely with HEAL Program Manager to identify potential residential care institutions (RCIs) committed to transition into family-based care and to provide technical support to ensure healthy transition and safe reintegration of children back into families. RTO will also provide coordination and development support to the HEAL program.
Identification of RCI
- Assist in creating buy in from RCIs recommended by MoSVY/DoSVY or partners and through conducting meetings with RCIs
- Conduct initial needs assessment of interested RCIs
- Develop mutual partnership agreement with committed RCIs
Provision of Technical Support to RCIs
- Conduct full RCI assessment
- Train the RCI team on Transition and Reintegration process
- Develop transition and reintegration planning with the RCI team
- Work with other social work team to direct/implement the reintegration process
- Lead and monitor the progress of transition and reintegration
- Provide ongoing support to RCI social work team
Program Coordination and Development
- Monitor the project progress and adjust plan when necessary
- Document best practices/feedback to inform future program design
- Work with supervisor and other program teams to develop training materials
- Engage in project development
- Create/update partner profiles
- Produce regular reports as required
- Provide administrative support to the HEAL program
- Host/arrange donor/partner visits for shared learning
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
- Passion for caring for orphans and vulnerable children to be kept in family setting
- Commit to CIF’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Development, Social Work, or other related fields
- At least 3 years working experience in Family based care and reintegration areas and preferably in child protection sector
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and Email
- Good command of English and Khmer both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a multicultural team
- Be flexible and willing to work under minimum supervision
- Be willing to travel and stay overnights
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Good multi-tasking and commitment to deadlines
- Effective training and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively with churches and other partners
- Commitment to continual learning and self-development.
Criminal Record Check: CIF is a Child Safe Organization; successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to CIF’s child safeguarding policy and submit a Criminal Record check.
Clarification: Children in Families is a Christian Organization, but we do not discriminate based on religion. All candidates willing to work and learn are encouraged to apply.
We Do NOT accept CVs or Cover Letters!
Please complete our application form and email to:
Ms. Pich Rothmony
Phone: 031 4323 223
The closing date for submission of the application is 17 November 2019 at 5:00PM.